Saturday, February 4, 2012

The TWELVE DAYS of ANTICIPATION???

With barely twelve days remaining before we depart from all over the United States, Canada, Mexico and France, I know we are all experiencing the last minute jitters:
1) Do I have the proper clothing?
2) Have I PACKED the proper clothing?
3) What will I forget to pack?
4) Do I have the proper luggage?
5) How many bags can I take with me? (Check out the particular airlines you are using and their baggage policy to get the best answers and then, even take time to call them to make sure.)
6) Have I made duplicate photo-copies of my Passport information, so I do not have to give up my Passport?
7) Do I have my anti-Malaria medicine?
8) Did I ask my physician for a prescription of Cipro - just in case?
9) Have I called my Credit Card company to notify them that I will be out of the country and that I will be making charges to my credit card (pashminas, oriental carpets, jewelry) and that perhaps someone who is not going with me and who has charging privileges on my credit card will still be making those charges, even while I am away?
10) Have I given emergency contact information to my family and colleagues?
11) Did I remember to pack banners from my Rotary Club so I can swap them with other team members?
12) Did I remember to purchase the TRAVEL SMART adaptor/converter?
13) Did I remember to purchase a kayaking DRY SACK for my laptop, mobile phone or other items I wish to keep dry?
14) Did I remember that I am to meet my fellow ROTARY DREAM TEAM members at Gallagher's Steakhouse in Terminal C at Newark's Liberty Airport sometime around 5:00 p.m. on the 16th?
15) Did I pack baby-wipes and hand sanitizer and a roll of toilet paper?

This experience will be a once-in-a-lifetime and life-changing one, where we will meet old friends and make new ones and we will forge relationships that will last for the rest of our lives. Imagine, just knowing that my administering polio vaccine drops to even ONE child, that you have ensured that one child of a life without paralysis and perhaps death. Imagine that together with fellow teammates, we will help to construct a water conservation catch dam, which will serve tiny villages and help ensure that they will be able to sustain themselves by being able to plant and harvest crops because of the gravity irrigation system that will water the crops.
JUST IMAGINE - the possibilities are ENDLESS.  We WILL Reach Within to Embrace Humanity and we will achieve PEACE THROUGH SERVICE, and END POLIO NOW!

2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to being back in India! I will be going on the whitewater rafting trip, even though it is out of my comfort zone and something I would not choose to do in the States. Call me crazy, but I know Sanjiv only chooses the best people to take care of us. My question to other rafters is, did I miss the "what to wear while rafting and still be respectable" part of the packing list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have contacted Sanjiv to find out if the company is providing wet suits for us and to make sure that if they are they have tons of BIG sizes to accommodate us!

    ReplyDelete